Here’s a simple list of items:
Things Made of Oak
- Oak Trees
What’s wrong with this list?
- It’s pretty weird to say that oak trees are “made of” oak, isn’t it?
- Why would you combine living things and dead things?
- Combining natural kinds and artifacts is a double-move you should always avoid when trying to illustrate something in philosophy
- Nothing. I’m not paying attention to your silly word games.
- Nothing. I’m a chemist, yo.
- Nothing. The first thing in a genus is what makes everything else be a member of that genus.