Whew. A nice break, after a long one.
“In Domino confido” (Psalm 10)
- In finem. Psalmus David.
- In Domino confido; quomodo dicitis animae meae: Transmigra in montem sicut passer?
- Quoniam ecce peccatores intenderunt arcum; paraverunt sagittas suas in pharetra, ut sagittent in obscuro rectos corde;
- quoniam quae perfecisti destruxerunt; justus autem quid fecit?
- Dominus in templo sancto suo; Dominus in caelo sedes ejus. Oculi ejus in pauperem respiciunt, palpebrae ejus interrogant filios hominum.
- Dominus interrogat justum et impium; qui autem diligit iniquitatem, odit animam suam.
- Pluet super peccatores laqueos; ignis et sulphur, et spiritus procellarum, pars calicis eorum.
- Quoniam justus Dominus, et justitias dilexit: aequitatem vidit vultus ejus.
Unto the end. A Psalm of David.
In the Lord do I trust; how do you say to my soul: Fly across into the mount just as a sparrow?
For behold, sinners have bent the bow; they have prepared their arrows in the quiver, that they may shoot in obscurity the right of heart;
for what things You accomplish they have destroyed; but the just, what has he done?
The Lord is in His holy temple; the Lord, His seat in heaven. His eyes regard unto the poor, His eyelids question the sons of men.
The Lord questions the just and the wicked; but who loves iniquity hates his own soul.
He rains over the sinners snares; fire and sulphur, and spirit of storms, equal of their chalice.
For just is the Lord, and justices hath He loved: equity hath His face seen.